With Mothers’ Day, only a few days away,
I thought it timely to show you what I created
for Beside The Seaside as part of their Mum’s Day Display.
I made these four canvases
Super easy to make . . .
- Cover a canvas with old book pages
- Place mask onto page and spray with ‘colour spray’ (such as glimmer mist)
- Draw inside the untainted edge of each masked image, with a black ink or ballpoint pen
- Fussy-cut a number of different shaped and sized butterflies
- Using trial & error, move butterflies around the canvas until you are happy
- Add a mirror shape with a thin piece of ribbon (such as Twiddleybitz one that I used)
- Add some bling amongst the butterflies (such as the Green Tara ‘sprays’ ones I used)
If I get any requests in the comments section
for some closeups or more definitive destructions,
I will post some more details in the coming days