September 26, 2012
Oh my word! I can’t believe how naughty I have been.
No new ‘Posts’ since forever :(
However – I can prove that I have been VERY busy.
In the meantime,
check out the timetable for classes this October School Holidays . . .
clink the link . . .
So what else has been happening at the Purple Paper House?
I have been making a number of wedding items,
plus kits for the shop
these beauties for the
Perth Royal Show District Display.
The Whole Collection
Closeup of Microbead detail
on one of the flower balls
My own Design Invention
– fringing on the inside of the flower
Ribbons looped in the
centres of the flowers
I am teaching this class on
Monday 1st October
(a Public Holiday here in W.A.)
Tuesday 9th October
May 11, 2012
I just had to show you this layout.
As you are aware, I am not a confident scrapbooker – but you know what?
I love this layout.
I’m entering it into Kym’s Challenge for April
(I’m aware that I’m late – thanks for pointing out the obvious).
* Twiddleybitz chipboard
* Acrylic paint
* BoBunny and miscellaneous papers
* Collections Elements chipboard
* A ‘date stamp’ slip from an old library book
May 8, 2012
With Mothers’ Day, only a few days away,
I thought it timely to show you what I created
for Beside The Seaside as part of their Mum’s Day Display.
I made these four canvases
Super easy to make . . .
- Cover a canvas with old book pages
- Place mask onto page and spray with ‘colour spray’ (such as glimmer mist)
- Draw inside the untainted edge of each masked image, with a black ink or ballpoint pen
- Fussy-cut a number of different shaped and sized butterflies
- Using trial & error, move butterflies around the canvas until you are happy
- Add a mirror shape with a thin piece of ribbon (such as Twiddleybitz one that I used)
- Add some bling amongst the butterflies (such as the Green Tara ‘sprays’ ones I used)
If I get any requests in the comments section
for some closeups or more definitive destructions,
I will post some more details in the coming days
January 7, 2012
I promised a new customer that I would hook her up to the Twiddleybitz Ning site. It’s a great place to get some awesome ideas, plus they’re a very supportive group of crafters – I’m on it :)
Click the link and have a ball . . . T.B. Ning
I love them as they are a purely home-grown company run by a husband and wife team.
November 11, 2011
Secret squirrel business . . .
Christmas Craft Sale
1 day only
Saturday 12th November
9:30 – 1:30
Here’s sneak peek at some of the stock on sale :)
ps – sorry about really shocking photos :(
November 4, 2011
Twiddleybitz is holding a pretty awesome, prize & inspiration filled Bloghop all this weekend.
Here are the times and the links. You’ve got to check out as many as possible :)
The times listed below are for Western Australian bloggers, for other users please go here to check the times for your timezone.
Today (Friday 4th Nov)
4pm – Mel Forbes
6pm – Trudi Harrison
Saturday 5th Nov
6am – Tracy Lamoon
8am – Tiff Sawyer
10am – Jo Kinder
Noon – Tracey Henley
2pm – Carol Thompson
4pm – Rachel Walsh
6pm – Geraldine Pasinati
Sunday 6th Nov
6am – Sandra Wallace
8am – Karen McLauchlan
10am – Ann-Marie Cox
Noon – Lisa Kamphuis
2pm – Louise Williams
4pm – Jennifer Hodge